New Friends is considering nursing homes in Kenosha, Wisconsin to participate in the Independent Visits volunteer program. Below is a brief description of what to expect as a facility incorporating this visiting volunteer program.
- The director of New Friends will meet with you to discuss:
– Days and times most convenient for your residents to visit with volunteers
– Specific residents that would most benefit from a visit
– A timeline for launching and growing the program in your facility
– Facility policies and procedures that are relevant to volunteer visits
– Additional questions, considerations or concerns
- New Friends will draft a contract that defines the terms discussed in the initial meeting.
- The director will meet with your staff to introduce the program, answer questions, and encourage feedback.
- You will receive literature that describes the program to share with residents, families and visitors.
- Your facility will be provided a log book that volunteers will use to record visits.
- New Friends will schedule periodic meetings with you to discuss the program’s progress and provide feedback.
- If desired, New Friends will feature your facility in our public relations efforts.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Kerry Andersen via email at NewFriendsVisits@GMail.com