What is New Friends?
New Friends is an organization in Kenosha, Wisconsin that facilitates visits between nursing home residents and volunteers in the community.
What is the mission of New Friends?
The mission of New Friends is to foster hope, joy, peace and purpose among nursing home residents, volunteers, and the community.
New Friends helps:
- Nursing home residents who are unable to live independently due to age, illness or disability to experience the hope, joy, peace and purpose of connecting with others in the community.
- Volunteers to experience the hope, joy, peace and purpose of connecting with those who are unable to live independently due to age, illness or disability.
- Nursing homes implement a new (or supplement an existing) comprehensive visiting volunteer program.
- Families of nursing home residents feel supported by the community, knowing that others are visiting with and caring for the social needs of their loved ones.
- Nursing home professionals feel supported and appreciated by the community in their efforts to care for the elderly, ill and disabled.
- The community by alleviating fears about aging, illness and disability, ultimately transforming feelings of helplessness and despair into empowerment and joy.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Kerry Andersen at 262-945-4872 or via email at NewFriendsVisits@GMail.com